BHCC (2016-2018) Technical Analyst Bartholomew Square, Brighton, BN1 1JE
Freelance IT training (2013-2015)
- Support of the organisation Unix estate, including migrations from M4000 to T7-1, DR planning and
implementation, and Data Centre upgrade using T7-1 through Fibre Channel SAN. ZFS replication to remote server.
(Solaris 11.3 on T7-1, IBM V3700, Brocade 300, Oracle SL150, RHEL)
O2 (2011-2013) Data Access Engineer 260 Bath Rd Slough SL1 4DX
- Writing Linux and TCP/IP courses for a Linux training organisation. Also studying tools for configuration management
such as Puppet and Ansible.(Solaris 11, Linux, Python)
NYSE-Euronext (2010-2011) Unix Engineer 25 Bank Street, Canary Wharf London E14 5NQ
- Support to the Mobile Data & Mobile Internet program for Data Access networks, primarily with the
"Data Access in a Box" system and architecture. This includes both the physical build and deployment
as necessary into the live network
(Solaris 10, LDOM on T5240, Centos 5.x, Vmware ESXi on Dell R610)
Freelance Developer (2009-2010)
- Changes to about 4000 servers running Linux and Solaris that include setup of new routing tables and the deployment
of a new snmp configuration with different trap destinations for the network management servers in Basildon.
(Solaris 10, RHEL 4 and 5, Perl, Bash)
Ford / Fujitsu (2008-2009) Infrastructure Engineer Basildon Essex SS16 5XX
- Design and implementation of web sites for several customers.(Linux, HTML, CSS)
BT Global Services (Dec 2006-2008) 135 Queen Victoria Street London EC4V 4AA
- Review existing Ford infrastructure and update build documentation to allow JLR (Jaguar, Land Rover) to
replicate the target platforms. Provide advice and guidance to JLR's infrastructure build team to correct
any errors found within the cloning of the hardware platform and OS.
(Solaris version up to 10, Suse Enterprise Linux 9 and 10)
BT TSR (Nov 2006) Adastral Park Martlesham Heath Ipswich IP5 3RE
- Security team. Network and systems security. System administration for all Unix hosts. Shell scripting
and improvements of reporting tools monitoring the servers. Change Management Controls
(Sun/Solaris version up to 10, ssh, sasl, Patch management, Apache...)
BT Global Services (Nov 2005-2006) 135 Queen Victoria Street London EC4V 4AA
- Infrastructure team. Building Solaris servers using Jumpstart and JET. Disk Management using SVM
and Veritas VXVM. Technical support.
(Sun/Solaris, Jumpstart, SVM)
BT Exact (2005) Adastral Park Martlesham Heath Ipswich IP5 3RE
- Security team. Hardening 800 Unix Sun servers. Development of scripts to check and make systems more secure.
Working with the support team to suggest and encourage the use of secured tools. Also general administration
support. (Sun/Solaris version 5 to 9, ssh)
Phoenix IT (Dec 2004) Caswell Rd, Brackmills, Northampton, NN4 7PW
- Infrastructure team. Solaris and Linux administration. Support of DCL (Double Choco Latte ticketing system),
Netvault (backup software), CVS, Ant, Cruise Control. Also preparing a migration from NIS+ to LDAP, based on
OpenLDAP installed on Linux servers.
(Sun/Solaris, Linux SUSE, Mandriva and RedHat)
RCS London (2002-2004) 5 Kings Place, London W4 4HT
- Various short contracts of Unix hardware and software support at Morgan Stanley in
Canary Wharf and at Phoenix support centre in Northampton.
BP Research (1998-2002) Chertsey Rd, Sunbury/Thames, Middlesex TW16 7LN
- Unix and TCP/IP administration for this company specializing in Linux (SuSE and RedHat) and Open Source,
web creation and network for small businesses based on servers running Linux and designed to run Apache,
Samba, and e-commerce/e-learning applications. We provide configuration and installation advices,
support systems training and web design.
(Linux, Solaris, TCP/IP, networking)
Scott-Pickford (1998) 256 High Street, Croydon, Surrey, CR0 1NF
- Unix Administration and support. Backups, plotting and printing, network and systems troubleshooting, performance tuning, NIS, NFS and DNS, systems install and upgrade. Also in charge of securing all the servers, monitoring access, applying the latest security patches. Responsible for all Linux systems installed on laptops.
(Solaris, IRIX, SuSE Linux, AIX, TCP/IP,
Samba, Shell and Perl scripting...)
BP Exploration (1997-1998) 1 Harefield Rd Uxbridge, Middlesex UBX 1PH
- Unix system administration. Mail (SMTP), Solaris upgrade, backups, NIS and NIS+, set up of a firewall between the local network, the DMZ with the web host and mail server, and the Internet.
(Solaris, NIS, NIS+, networking, Checkpoint Firewall 1)
X-CEL Communication (1997) 1 Minster Court, Camberley, Surrey, GU15 3YY UK
- Unix admin and support. This work includes license management, interventions on problems or upgrade, assistance to users. (Solaris, IRIX, AIX, Exceed, X-Window, Samba)
SAST (1996-1997) Special Analysis and Simulation Technology, Waterway House,
Brentford, Middlesex, TW8 8HQ
- Development of a network management and reporting system. The tool(SMR : Service Management Reporter)
provides a clear historical picture of performance and service quality of a network. It is based on a
client-server architecture designed to extract management data from the network, and after processing it,
summarize and format it into meaningful reports.
(Solaris, C, SNMP)
POINTCOM (1996) : company specializing in training Unix, TCP/IP
- TCP/IP layer of a simulation system for oil plants. It allows remote executions of simulating processes and graphical interface, and organizes all exchanges between them.
(Unix, C, Java, TCP/IP)
DECALOG (1993-1996) : company specializing in financial computing
- Teacher for several training sessions : TCP/IP, introduction
to the protocols, Unix administration, routing and
addressing, network management, socket and TLI layers, NIS, DNS, FTP, HTTP, security... (Linux, networking)
FORGEST (1993), 9 rue de Belzunce, 75010 Paris Company specializing in training Unix, C, Networking
- Cumulus (1 High Street Rickmansworth Hertfordshire WD3 1ET UK)
Realization of a server dedicated to send contributions on Reuters integrated network (IDN) for Merrill Lynch in Zurich. This server receives orders from TCP/IP local network, put them out into Marketfeed format, and send them using the Triarch network to the Marketlink DCS server. For pages (64 or 80 columns) it only sends
differences. (Solaris, C, TCP/IP, Reuter library SSL 3.2)
- Credit Lyonnais (DCMC rue Menars 75002 Paris)
Management of systems and networks team : program for monitoring disks partitions and machines load for each project. First tested in Perl and then rewritten in Awk, the program launches on each
machine another Awk script able to send back these datas and pass them on the main loop via TCP/IP.
(Perl, gawk, OSF1, HP-UX, ULTRIX)
- Virtu / Efi Gildor : trader in Chicago
Communication layer of a Basket Trading application. It includes a graphical interface based on Ilog Views, independent of the Stock Exchange, and limited to derivative products. The communication part is dynamically loaded within the runtime. One connection to the DAX via RTS was implemented. It runs simultaneously on 4 threads for exchanges and display of datas.
(Solaris, multithread, TCP/IP)
- Technical support and Internet connection.
General Solaris and Linux administration.
Study for the company office of a connection to the Internet. Choice of a dial-up IP line to Oleane (Pipex network) from a PC running Linux and filtering the connection.
(Linux, PPP, Sendmail...)
- UBS - Warburg - Dealing room
Set up of a client-server architecture for transactions between Stock Exchange. All transactions coming from Warburg subsidiaries in Paris, Francfort... are received in London, stored in a Sybase database, and forwarded to their destination.
(Solaris, C, TCP/IP)
- ANVAR - Agence Nationale pour la Valorisation de la Recherche
Design and realization of a server for distributed tasks. It
works at the socket level in synchronous or asynchronous mode.
(UNIX, C, Sockets, RPC)
EURESCOM (1992) European Institute for Research and Strategic Studies in
Telecommunications based in Heidelberg in Germany
- Teacher (Linux, C, TCP/IP)
INT-CITCOM / TELESYSTEME (1992)
- Study for the set up of a X400 mail, Usenet connection
CSEE (1988-1991) Communication and Computing Division
- Graphical interface for management and display of networks
(Sun, X11, Athena)
ALCATEL (1986-1988) Compagnie Européenne de Télétransmission
- Test equipment for electronic cards and IEEE488 drivers
- Computerization of the TOTAL service stations (Sun, C, VRTX)
- Point-of-sale and electronic payment terminal (Sun, C, VRTX)
EDUCATION NATIONALE (1983-1984) Teaching physics
- Development of an inference engine and application to an expert system (Sun, LeLisp 15.2)
- EDF Electric network dispatching centre. Implementation of a
compiler (Pascal, Versados)
- Main centre of a supervisory system. Implementation of real-time tasks handling alarms (Pascal, 68000)
CNRS (1978-1983) Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique
- Study of photophysical processes. Author of published
scientific articles and thesis of doctorate